Create New Value
Create value with new ideas and continuous innovation based on unique technologies and science.
Accommodate social requirements with humility and honesty, with the objective of maximizing value for society through business activities.
Continue to constantly take on the challenge of creating new businesses and markets.
Respect the humanity of all the people involved in the Ajinomoto Group’s businesses, and be an organization in which they can grow and display their abilities to the fullest extent.
“We strive to ensure that our business activities help to solve challenges related to healthy living, food resources, and global sustainability, always aiming to improve people’s lives”
Standard of Business Conduct
- Conduct ourselves in a socially responsible manner based on the values and ethics set forth under the Ajinomoto Philosophy: “We create better lives globally by contributing to significant advances in Food and Health and by working for Life.”
- As the foundation for our conduct at all times, we embrace the Ajinomoto Group Way: “We strive to ensure that our business activities help to solve challenges related to healthy living, food resources, and global sustainability, always aiming to improve people’s lives”
- We endeavor to earn the trust of our stakeholders by being fair, impartial, transparent and straightforward.
- We support the United Nations Global Compact in embracing core values in the areas of human rights, labor standards, the environment and anti-corruption
Safe, High-Quality Products & Services
- We constantly aim to put the customer first and, through advanced technology and creativity, develop and provide highly safe, high-quality products and services to improve people’s lives worldwide “by contributing to significant advances in Food and Health and by working for Life.”
Contribution to the Global Environment & Sustainability
- We strive to contribute to the realization of a sustainable society that will allow future generations to enjoy better lives amid the riches of the natural environment.
- We constantly work to reduce our negative impact on the global environment and ecosystems and to pursue recycling-driven business models that use resources and energy more efficiently
Fair and Transparent Transactions
- We are dedicated to fairness and transparency in all of our transactions and maintain fair business practices, recognizing our contractors as valuable business partners.
Approach to Human Rights
- As a group of companies with global operations, we join the international community in respecting human rights. We fulfill our international human rights obligations and comply with related laws in the countries where we operate our business
Human Resources Training and Ensuring Safety
- We do our best to provide meaningful employment opportunities and make every effort to provide opportunities to develop and exercise skills and abilities in a manner that respects diversity, character and individuality.
- We build and maintain positive workplaces, based on open communication, which are free from discrimination or harassment, and in which people respect one another’s human dignity
- We ensure that work environments are safe and comfortable.
Working with Local Communities
- We work to enhance communication with the broader society and to contribute to the economic, cultural and educational development of each community we do business.
- As members of local communities, we encourage individuals to participate in social contribution activities.
Responsibilities to Shareholders, Investors and Other Stakeholders
- We make every effort to employ sound management practices, to provide appropriate returns to shareholders, and to increase corporate values.
Protection and Management of Corporate Assets and Information
- We strictly protect and manage confidential information and tangible and intangible company assets, including trade secrets and intellectual property rights.
Clear Separation of Business and Personal Affairs
- We maintain a clear separation between business and personal affairs and do not use corporate assets or information or business rights or positions to pursue personal